Welcome to ClapCharts, a service provided by ClapCharts SAS ("ClapCharts", "we" "our", or "us").
- Our principles with respect to your information and your privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- Your choices with respect to your information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
We have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information
You should have full control over your information
We’ve designed the Website to give you control over the information you publish and share using ClapCharts and other sites and services to which you connect your ClapCharts account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a ClapCharts account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of ClapCharts account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook and don’t give your permission to share it with ClapCharts), your username, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase an Offer, you will also need to provide your real name, information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator), billing address and payment verification information.
- Non-essential information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information on ClapCharts App : a profile picture, your gender and age.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming, offline listening, uploading tracks, connecting your Facebook account, sharing a sound, following or unfollowing another user, performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- your location data (e.g. GPS) when using ClapCharts Apps,
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
Information from Facebook Connect
ClapCharts allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with ClapCharts. This includes your first name, last name, email address in order for us to verify your identity and gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your timezone, birthday, profile picture.
If you sign up to ClapCharts using Facebook, your ClapCharts account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on ClapCharts, specifically any new public sounds that you post on ClapCharts and any new favourites, can be shared with Facebook and published in your timeline if you want to. If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from your Account page on the Website at any time, or you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your ClapCharts account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Offer.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- If you purchase an Offer, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. ClapCharts also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications.
Improving and customizing the Platform:
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve ClapCharts and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- Other users: If you listen to any sounds uploaded by an Artist, the fact that you have listened to those sounds will be shared with that user so that they can track the popularity of their sounds.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your ClapCharts account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. ClapCharts is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that your share, and how to disconnect your account from other networks or apps, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the ClapCharts community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of ClapCharts, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
ClapCharts Cookies Policy
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
We use our own cookies to recognize you when you visit our website or use our apps. This means that you don’t have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings.
Google cookies are those beginning « __ut ».
Internet browser settings
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the Platform – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the platform.
To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Choice and control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information. It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a ClapCharts account, you can control your information in the following ways.
Email and notification preferences
It is possible to unsubscribe from email newsletters and notifications (other than essential account notifications) at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each email.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at http://aboutcookies.org.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page on the Website at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including the sounds that you have uploaded and the usage data associated with those sounds, will be deleted and may not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account.
Even if you delete your ClapCharts account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of ClapCharts’s control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your data
As described above, most of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your ClapCharts account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal data we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com or at the address below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
ClapCharts is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t want to give us your information?
If you decide that you do not want us to use your information in the manner described in the Privacy, please do not use the Platform.
Last amended: 13 November 2017